transfering home video MiniDV to DVD

I was experimenting with Kino and dvdauthor. Today finally I and my brother were able ot make a DVD on Debian Unstable.

Here is process (let me know if you want more detaisl):
1) Captured the complete MiniDV in DV format (not quicktime format, there have been reports of bugs in quicktime library in Debian).
2) Export the audio to an mpa file from Kino
3) Export as Mpeg in DVD format
4) Make menus [1,2]
5) Burn the DVD [1,2]

I am yet to try it out on a DVD player (mine is old, doesn't play DVD+R's). But the DVD plays in Xine almost nicely.

->HS

Extensive help was obtained from here:
[1] http://www.egs-howto.com/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=174

[2] http://www.tappin.me.uk/Linux/dvd.html