Re: Mplayer Anyone?

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 10:41:53PM -0400, Paul Tsai wrote:
> I am looking for a good general purpose media player, like Mplayer ,
> which does everything I want.   However, there is no debian package.
> ok, so I compiled it from source and did a make install.  However there
> is no gui available.  In red hat there was a mplayer-gui package and
> that was all that was needed.  I found references to an old mplayer
> debian package however I cannot find it.
>
> is there an alternative to mplayer with a debian package?  It may seem
> that I am lazy, I am, that is why I installed debian to begin which, so
> I did not have to chase dependencies.  Now, I do not have to cause there
> are simply no apps available.

Mplayer packages are available. Add one or both of the following to
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

The mplayer source also comes with debian build rules, if you want
to build an mplayer package yourself.

--
Jerome