Re: Cite for print-to-postscript exploit in Mozilla?

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 09:09:06PM +0100, Dale Amon wrote:
| On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 12:18:30PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
| > OTOH, maybe the postscript code in mozilla itself has a security hole.  But
| > the right thing to do would be to *fix* that instead, not to drop it.
|
| Question: are you saying that Mozilla based browsers
| (eg Galeon) can now not print web pages to a postscript
| printer or have I missed something?

The only thing you (may have) missed is that the problems only apply
to some people.  I have not had any major problems and I have not done
any customizing of xprint.

However, I had one workstation (at work) where it saw an 'ljet' queue
which was in the office and an 'ljet' queue which is my printer at
home.  xprint had no way to differentiate, so I always used
Postscript/default and specified '-d' to the lp command.  Apparently
that will no longer work as Postscript/default is now gone.  Lucky me
the ljet@"home" queue hasn't been available at work due to other
changes so I have been able to use the xprint method.

Other people, apparently, have had a very unpleasant experience with
xprint.

-D

--
All a man's ways seem innocent to him,