Re: ok, here goes nothing...

Cecil wrote:
> Ok, I got my toshiba libretto. No cdrom. What do I need to do to be able
> to install this thing? I am guessing I could wipe the system and just
> install dos. But I'd like to install the needed files on my 32 meg usb
> thumb drive and copy the files over to the win 98 partition and install
> from there. what files do i need to install to my hard drive that would
> just let me get a boot linux floppy, boot linux, and point it at the
> hard drive and do a net install? I have done a lot of reading on this
> today, and I have not found a good simple document that doesn't
> pre-suppose u have a cdrom or a ton of linux experience. Please, someone
> help!

Go to ftp://ftp.us.debian.org and download the floppy images from Woody...
They're buried deep, but they do exist and in several flavors. Use
rawrite.exe (same site) to make the floppies from those images.
Start looking from  /dists/stable/main/disks-i386/

Pick no packages, just do a basic install (about 80 megs of drive space).
Then point your /etc/apt/sources.list to Sarge (or Sid) and have fun. :-)