Re: Slow disk - hdparm, S.M.A.R.T, badblocks, what else?

on Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 02:32:39PM -0700, Richard Weil (rcweil@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Sorry if this is beating a dead horse since you've already checked ...
> I believe there are (at least) three different "speed" 80-conductor ide
> cables -- ATA66, ATA100, and ATA133. They are not always labeled, so it
> can be hard to tell. My "slow" cable was a left over from an old
> machine and it was not labeled at all.

I'll double-check but follow on strongly suggests it's the drive.

BTW:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

For clarity and to support conversational discussion style, please use
bottom-posting format:  your reply goes below the material cited.  Trim
your quotes appropriately and ensure your attributions are accurate.

See:

    http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/email-style.html
    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
    http://mailformat.dan.info/quoting/top-posting.html

Thank you.

Peace.

    GNOME (and real UI developers) READ THIS:
    http://use.perl.org/~btilly/journal/18678