Re: Slow disk - hdparm, S.M.A.R.T, badblocks, what else?

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse since you've already checked ...
I believe there are (at least) three different "speed" 80-conductor ide
cables -- ATA66, ATA100, and ATA133. They are not always labeled, so it
can be hard to tell. My "slow" cable was a left over from an old
machine and it was not labeled at all.