Re: postscript-enabled mozilla package anyone

On Thursday 08 July 2004 1:25 am, Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:
> Nope. I just installed all the build-depends packages required to build
> it and then built the package after adjusting the rules file to sort out
> postscript and xprint.
>
> It was only afterwards that I noticed that previously I'd had a
> mozilla-xft package and the new debs didn't contain one.
>
> When I tested it though, it worked, and I don't really know what xft does
> anyway, so I didn't bother going any further.

I built my own as well, mozilla-xft provided anti-aliased fonts.
The Mozilla-1.7 source package has --enable-xft already so mozilla-xft
isn't needed anymore on newer mozilla builds.

If anyone else is fed up with mozilla not doing postscript, build your
own or look for an un-official deb repository...

Hrm, I wonder if I talk them into making it a offical package...
Maybe name it, mozilla-browser-actually-prints <BSEG>.

--
The problem the Dems have is that the more people hear their message,
the more people despise them.    -- Jeffrey C. Dege in RASFW