Re: is it possible to change apt-get's access priorities?

listcomm@ml1.net writes:

> (I think a bogus copy of this went out...  my apologies)
>
> I'm on a dialup, and I have the Woody CD-ROM distribution,
> so I want "apt-get" to first try to find packages on the CDs
> before using the remote archive entries in "sources.list".
> But as soon as I add an "http" entry to "sources.list",
> it insists on trying the remote archive, and ignores the CD-ROM
> entries.
>
> Thus far, I can't find anything in the docs that explains
> how to force it to first try the CD-ROMs and use remote
> access as second priority.

Googling[1] has come up with this resource[2] which looks like it might
be what you're looking for.

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=http%20cdrom%20priority%20apt&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-basico.en.html