Re: Pick up a shell session after ssh timeout

LeVA <leva@az.isten.hu> writes:

> That is not a solution for the original problem. If you've read that
> mail, then you should know that it was about a ping timeoutted session,
> which is irrecoverable... The solution which you are talking about, is
> for *keeping* alive that session while not logged in.

Right, it won't work for this time.  But if one uses screen every
time they log in, one will always be able to resume, whether it times
out because of ping, whether the phone line gets cut, whether the
client machine reboots....

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
"Plenty of room for you, Hotshot." -Rita "Longshot. My names Longshot."