Re: Pick up a shell session after ssh timeout

2004. július 8. 14:03,
Robert Waldner <rw@coretec.at>
-> debian-user@lists.debian.org:
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:00:15 +0200, LeVA writes:
> >> I'd like to know if it's possible to pick up a shell session that
> >> was running over a ssh session that timed out.
>
> <...>
>
> >> Is there any way to pick up where I left?
> >
> >This is not possible (thanks God!)
>
> Oh, but it is, by using screen(1), for example.
That is not a solution for the original problem. If you've read that
mail, then you should know that it was about a ping timeoutted session,
which is irrecoverable... The solution which you are talking about, is
for *keeping* alive that session while not logged in.

Daniel

--
LeVA