Re: Very strange error setting up my cups printer

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:35:21 -0500, Alan Shutko wrote:

>> I switched from RH9 and installed Debian just recently. Previously
>> my printer was working fine, now I just can't use it:
>
> Check to see where your lpq came from.  You need to be using the
> versions in the cupsys-bsd package.  From the format of the error
> messages, it looks like you might have an lpq from some other print
> server.

Oh, boy, finally, you save my day! Thanks a lot!

Yes, my lpq is installed by default from the lpr package -- "BSD lpr/lpd
line printer spooling system". The lpr/lpq is required, can't be removed,
and strangely, can't be used. hmm, that's confusing enough for a debian
newbie like me. :-)

Yes, installing the cupsys-bsd package solve the problem.

Thanks again.