Re: migration of Maildir to new system. Also advice wanted on performance

Unfortunately I didn't get a reply earlier, so maybe my questions were
too vague or mail-guru's are on holiday :). Anyway, I will try to make
it more clear which way I am thinking.

I did some hours of research and for me the choice comes down to these
alternatives for IMAP:

Courier-IMAP <--> Cyrus-IMAP

Pro's for Courier:
- I already have it
- Easy to config
- Maildirs

Con's for Courier:
- It is SLOW when Maildirs grow

Pro's for Cyrus:
- Faster (???) storage system of mails

Con's for Cyrus:
- Own format for storage
- More complex (???)

Obviously, I've got some questions left. I am ready to take a plunge
into Cyrus (it is new to me) if it is *a lot* faster than Maildirs.
Now I've got Folders with 50 MB or so in and it takes 5-10 seconds to
load, with Courier-IMAP eating all my CPU and disk...

On the other hand, I'd prefer to stick with my current stuff since I
now it. So this makes it Postfix + Courier again.

One last consideration for me is a nice web-based admin tool for
virtual domains and virtual users. I would like to store the info in
LDAP or MySQL. I had quite some issues with OpenLDAP in the past so I
guess MySQL is preferred for me. I did see a lot of web based stuff,
but not for Postfix.

Another solution might be to store the mails itself also in MySQL (Or
Postgres)? I didn't see much info on this on the net, but it seems
possible. Anyone tried this? Is this working? How about speed and ease
of management?

Thanx a lot for you help, ideas and tips in advance.

Pim