Re: PEAR Download

"S.D.A." <dallan@rogers.com> writes:

> Hey Folks:
>
> I'm attempting to download a bunch of PEAR apps, and I'm getting an 'out of
> memory error' (output genearated below). Now I've looked in RPC.php, and I
> cannot figure out how to change the cache size. Anyone know?

I don't think the problem is with RPC.php. The problem is that the
default PHP installation is limited to allocating 8 megs of memory
so some runaway script doesn't cripple the computer, I think there
might also be some limit on how much time is spent on each script, etc.

To adjust this go in:
/etc/php{4}/apache/php.ini
and
/etc/php{4}/cgi/php.ini

and look for the line:
memory_limit = 8M       ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

and increase the limit.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>