Re: multiple exim4 processes

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 02:24:17AM -0700, Vadik wrote:
| I am running exim4, and it runs in multiple processes:

This is normal.

| and this is after I stoped the server.  Is this normal?

No.  After stopping the server it shouldn't still be running.

at once.  If there is some problem (eg network blocked by ISP) then
the delivery processes could run for a considerable amount of time
before terminating.

Thank you,

This explains the behavior. For some reason Exim4 open relaying, and someone was relaying a lot of spam, most of which didn't have valid email, so exim4 was trying for a while. After I manually killed all exim4 process it works fine. Now the question remain, why did exam4 open relaying.