Re: postscript-enabled mozilla package anyone

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:28:48 -0700
Jim McCloskey <mcclosk@ucsc.edu> wrote:

> Michael B Allen <mba2000@ioplex.com> wrote:
>
> |> Right the choices are A) not print, B) downgrade or C) install
> |> xprt-xprintorg. Personally I think people should try C before
> |> bitching too much.
>
> Option C) was the one that I tried, and I've had all the problems
> reported here. First no printing at all, until I installed
> xprt-xprintorg.

I think if they remove PostScript/default they should add a dependency for
xprint.

> Still no printing until I edited .bash_profile in
> mysterious ways

export XPRTSERVERLIST=":2" should be it (or whatever the display number is
that Xprt is running with.

> I found discussed on this list (kill X, log out, log
> in, start X);

Actually you should not have to kill/start X. If you edit your env natually
you need to logout/on to reinitialize it.

> then tiny quarter-page size printing; then hunting

Never heard of that. I've seen some really obscure fonts like aribic or tai
come out very small but if it's happening for Latin1 it sounds like the
package is screwed up.

> through Google, and mailing-list archives, and FAQs, trying to find
> out where the configuration files were kept[1]

You should not have to edit any confiuration files.

> (this information isn't
> anywhere that I at least can find in /usr/share/doc/xprt-xprintorg),

Yes, then the package is definately screwed up. If there is no documentation
there like a README.Debian that instructs you to edit your environment that
is a painful bug.

Mike

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.