Re: udev question

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 10:51:10AM +0200, John L Fjellstad wrote:
| Sam Halliday <fommil@yahoo.ie> writes:
| > however that only solves half the problem... how can i make this
| > /dev/usbmouse link (or whatever i call it) point to /dev/input/mouse1
| > (the touchpad) when the usb mouse is not plugged in?
| You don't.   In X, what you do is make one your primary mouse device,
| and the other just sends mouse events to the primary mouse device.  So,
| at my place, the touchpad is the primary mouse device, and the usbmouse,
| when plugged in, sends mouse events through the primary mouse device.

Alternatively use /dev/input/mice and your application will receive
input from all attached mice.  Simple.  :-)  (with kernel 2.6 that
includes USB -and- PS/2 mice)

| I'm not sure how to do it on the console with gpm, since I don't use
| mouse on the console.

Use the -M option to enable multiple mode and then specify the rest of
the parameters as usual.  (if you are using the /etc/gpm.conf file,
then use the variable for extra paramters and put all of the gpm
parameters in gpm's command line form there)

If you want to know what God thinks about money,
just look at the people He gives it to.
    -- Old Irish Saying