Re: udev question

Sam Halliday <fommil@yahoo.ie> writes:

> however that only solves half the problem... how can i make this
> /dev/usbmouse link (or whatever i call it) point to /dev/input/mouse1
> (the touchpad) when the usb mouse is not plugged in?

You don't.   In X, what you do is make one your primary mouse device,
and the other just sends mouse events to the primary mouse device.  So,
at my place, the touchpad is the primary mouse device, and the usbmouse,
when plugged in, sends mouse events through the primary mouse device.

I'm not sure how to do it on the console with gpm, since I don't use
mouse on the console.

Check out my website for how I set it up in X:
http://www.fjellstad.org/projects/linuxlaptop.html

--
John L. Fjellstad