Re: beep in console

--- Scetbon Cyril <cyril.scetbon@free.fr> wrote:

> > Try looking for a script called console_beep-0.1 ... found it
> somewhere.
> already done in perl (if you're interested I can email it)

% apt-cache show beep
[..elided..]
 beep does what you'd expect: it beeps. But unlike printf "\a" beep allows
 you to control pitch, duration, and repetitions. Its job is to live
inside
 shell/perl scripts and allow more granularity than one has otherwise. It
is controlled completely through command line options. It's not supposed
to be complex, and it isn't - but it makes system monitoring (or whatever
else it gets hacked into) much more informative.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"