Re: Unable to handle kernel paging request...

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Thomas Adam wrote:

So install 'ksymoops' and use that to run the callback trace through (I
assume syslog logs it). Then look on the LKML for more detailed
information.

I've installed it and am trying to use it right now, but it doesn't appear to really be set up for 2.6 kernels -- it can't find the symbols file in /proc by default, and it appears to not understand /proc/kallsyms (which appears to be the new symbols file).

When I cat /var/log/syslog through it, it says it found one warning and one error, but the rest of the output is exactly as unreadable as it was without ksymoops. I take it from the terseness of your email that this output was supposed to provide enough specific information that I would be able to relatively easily use it to track down more detailed information.

This was not the case, however. Running ksymoops has provided me no significantly new information, and as such I can only search the lkml.org archives (I can only assume you meant the archives and not the FAQ) for what I already had: problems with either the emu10k or 3c59x drivers. I found a recent patch to the 3c59x driver and I will try that if I can carve out enough time to figure out the whole process well enough to apply the patch.

Any other recommendations?

--
        Q: How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
        A: Two.  One to hold the giraffe and the other to fill the