Re: beep in console

"Scetbon Cyril" <cyril.scetbon@free.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:2enlt-7gf-15@gated-at.bofh.it...
> I run scripts in my crontab but i'm not able to generate a beep in
> console mode.
> I tried echo -e '\a' but no success while I can use sound.
> Is there a pbm with my PC Speaker ?

try adding  > /dev/console to your line, does your echo command produce
a sound when typing it directly at a "keyboard TTY ?"

I had same troubles as well, using 2.4.25 kernel (but newer checked out
grep -i spkr /boot/config-$(uname -r) CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR=y ).

Try looking for a script called console_beep-0.1 ... found it somewhere.