Re: Re : L 90 90 90 90 90

>From Owen Jones on Monday, 2004-07-05 at 21:49:19 +0100:
> This is my lilo config file minus the comments:
>
> lba32
> boot=/dev/hda
> root=/dev/hda1
> install=/boot/boot-menu.b
> map=/boot/map
> delay=20
> vga=normal
> deafult=Linux

Is it really spelled like this?  Should be

default=Linux

> image=/vmlinuz
> label=linux
> read-only
> image=/vmlinuz.old
> label=linuxold
> read-only
> optional
>
> Tried this http://www.hantslug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxHints/LostLILO
> but this wouldnt work as the drive was already mounted and everything.
>
> Owen

Correct the spelling and (as root) type

/sbin/lilo

Conrad

PS

You can actually test lilo before running it:

/sbin/lilo -t

(t for test).  But the contents of /etc/lilo.conf
will not be installed.  This is a good way to check
if there are any errors before you commit your work
to the Master Boot Record.

You could try this before you correct your
spelling error and see if lilo complains.
Then correct /etc/lilo.conf and try again.
Once it works, call lilo without the "-t".