Re: How do i configure XF86Config-4 for a iD865glc desktop system

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 04:33:59PM +0200, Eric van Rheenen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a PC with an Intel D865GLC motherboard and i'm running
> Debian Linux 2.4.26.
>
> I have had some trouble in getting this motherboard to work fine, but
> now the ide, and ethernet are working as they should.
>
> The problem i stil have is how to configure the video chip.  Which
> driver should i choose within XF86Config so that the X-Windows system
> wil start.  I run xf86config but couldn't find the D865GLC.
>
> I have the same problem with the audio chips, i could find a chipset
> that i should use.
>
> I'm i overlooking something or ........
> Please advice

Hoi Eric,

What's the output of 'lspci'? That will show which graphics chip and
sound chip you have on board. Also, are you running debian stable,
testing (sarge) or unstable (sid)?

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!