Re: Copyright/License of Debian Constitution

John Hasler wrote:
Dwayne C. Litzenberger writes:

I'm not sure if this is the right list to ask on, but what's the
copyright/license status of the Debian Constitution?

       http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution

I'm heading up changes to the constitution of a local non-profit member
organization, and I want to adapt the Standard Resolution Procedure for our
purposes.

The procedure is an idea and so not protected by copyright.  Just reword it.

a) Go try and 'reword' a book and try to pass it off as your own.
b) It is a legal document and consequently not necessarily trivial to reword in much the same way that it is generally discouraged for people to try to 'reword' the GPL into their own license.