APM and DPMS not working together

Whenever APM puts my computer in supend or standby mode, the monitor
will come out of any power saving mode that is in and it will not
suspend, standby or go off after that. What could be the cause of this?

Before I compiled APM-support into the kernel, the APM BIOS would still
work automatically and not cancel the screen suspension. The screen can
be turned off with 'xset dpms force off' but as I said it turns back on
when APM activates, whether automatically or manually using 'apm -s' or
'apm -S'.

__
Älä maksa tekstiviesteistä! Saunalahden Tekstari-GSM-liittymällä lähetät tekstiviestit maksutta kaikkiin liittymiin (1000 kpl/kk).
http://saunalahti.fi