Re: Unidentified subject!

Andreas Janssen wrote:

Hello

JOHN WALL (<johnwall08@msn.com>) wrote:

I`ve installed Debian GNU v3.0r2(non us) Everything seemed
OK until I was asked for the user name and passwords to log in, this
I inserted and instead of getting a GUI or some sort of window
all that happened was I got a flashing curser.

The Debian base system does not include a GUI. To install KDE and XFree,
type

Oh. Andreas read this as a "flashing cursor [at a command prompt]". I read it as a ["flashing cursor [with no place to input commands as if the system is hung]".

In that case, ignore what I wrote earlier, and follow Andreas' suggestions.

--
Kent