Re: L 90 90 90 90 90

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 19:14:53 +0100
"Owen Jones" <owen@cellarmation.f2s.com> wrote:

> tried to run cd in rescue mode and it through up this error after a while :
> Kernel Panic : VFS : Unable to mount root fs on 3a:05
>
> what should i do? thanks for the help
>
> owen
>
> > > Hi! spent ages installing debain and it all went well and i was
> > > excitted thinking that it was going to work so well, but no. When
> > > the computer re-booted it just thro up L 90 90 90 90 90 90
> > > 90... when i tried to run the OS on the HD. This is a lilo error
> > > isnt it? does this mean i have installed it wrong, or i have used
> > > the wrong distirbutation. I wasnt sure what the arcatecture was so i
> > > went for the 386, would this cause this error? can anyone help??
> > > thanks!!
> >
> > boot again with the CD or a rescue disk, make sure your /etc/lilo.conf
> > is ok and run lilo. then it should boot normally.

As you sent this message in private, I tried to reply in private, but
as you use spews.org, an organization which blocks huge ranges of IPs
without checking and without any method to get out, I wasn't able. If
you wish an answer, change to another black list which doesn't try to
impose how much money somebody needs to have for to be allowed by some
braindead idiots to have an SMTP server. (I'm certainly no spammer nor
do I have an open relay). OTOH, you already got good and more
explicit answers. Enjoy them.

Christoph Simon.