Re: apt-get dselect-upgrade

--- Sam Halliday <fommil@yahoo.ie> wrote:

> but i recently ran `apt-get dselect-upgrade` and it seems to have a
> memory of
> all apps i originally wanted to pull over... is there any way i can

Yes, that was meant to be run *after* you --set-selections!

> clear that
> list, as i would like to be able to use `apt-get dselect-upgrade` for
> other
> reasons (namely a script to purge all uninstalled apps)

Not easily -- and indeed, I think you need to take another approach to the
problem, dselect-upgrade is not the means by which you should go about
removing uninstalled apps. If you have yourself in that situation then
you've broken your own system. One suggestion I could make to you is an
apt-get --reinstall install foo foo+

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net