Re: Disabling autoloading of oss sound modules using kernel-2.6.6 and discover2

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 12:49:21AM +0100, Mark C wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I've just upgraded my kernel in unstable to 2.6.6, and it's working
| great, apart from it loads both the oss kernel drivers and the alsa
| drivers, using discover for hardware detection.
|
| I've done some googling, and can seem to disable a whole bus, but I
| cannot get discover to stop autoprobing of the soundcard, I've converted
| my old discover.conf from 1.4 to 2 (which adding disable sound, stopped
| the auto probing and alowed me to manually select alsa), but short of
| rebuilding the kernel and not building the oss modules, I'm stuck.
|
| Has anyone manged to get this working yet?

I don't know anything about discover, but you can tell modprobe not to
load a module with an entry like this in /etc/modprobe.conf (or
/etc/modprobe.d/Local.conf if you have a newer module-init-tools) :

    alias evbug     off
    alias maestro   off

HTH,
-D