Re: automatically restarting dying daemons?

--- Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com> wrote:
> 	#!/bin/bash
> 	/etc/init.d/some-daemon-here restart

Better to use 'invoke-rc.d' here:

invoke-rc.d <script> restart

> which is effectively a "start-some-thing &" and quick return...
>
> or does it need to be the non-returning call to the daemon
> itself, so that the daemon is a child of the "supervise"
> process? if so, ick.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. There's no need to background
that (rather pointless) wrapper script, since the daemon will fork if its
own accord.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net