Re: automatically restarting dying daemons?

On Thu, Jul 01 at 10:55AM -0400, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> $ apt-cache policy restartd
> restartd:
>   Installed: 0.1.a-3
>   Candidate: 0.1.a-3
>   Version Table:
>  *** 0.1.a-3 0
>         990 http://http.us.debian.org sarge/main Packages
>          80 http://http.us.debian.org sid/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> Oh, sorry, it's not in woody.  I tend to forget those sort of things
> since I've been using a testing and unstable combination for a long
> time.

never knew about the "policy" thing before. cool! :)

we're about to instantiate a new server anyhow, and it'll be
running sarge, so this may be the way to go. thanks for the
pointers...

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux boss 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #110 from Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@yola.bmrb.wisc.edu>
:
Here's how to TUNNEL SECURE X11 CONNECTIONS THROUGH SSH: on the
client, do this:
	local-client# export DISPLAY=:0.0
	local-client# ssh -X server
then once you're logged in at the server, do:
	remote-server# netscape &
The environment created at the server will include the DISPLAY
variable, so netscape (or whatever) will dialogue with the
client machine. (See "man ssh" for more.)