Re: no tooltips in the GIMP...

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 08:53 am, Nicos Gollan wrote:

> > up, and in varying sizes, but they're either empty or displaying text
> > in the same color as the background.
>
> I had a similar problem some weeks ago, when the dialogs of some filters
> were showing without any text. I haven't seen that effect since,
> just in one session. Perhaps it's a l10n/i18n problem? What locale are
> you using?

That was my first thought too, but I'm running the same locale on both boxes.
It also seeems if it were an i18n problem where it didn't have any strings to
fill the boxes, they'd all show up some tiny minimum size.

->locale
LANG=POSIX
LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_PAPER="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
LC_ALL=

That's interesting.  I was expecting $LANG to be either en_US or C.  But it's
working here nevertheless.  I'll look at the other box tomorrow and at least
confirm that it's the same.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/