no tooltips in the GIMP...

I have two parallel installations of Sid with very similar lists of installed
packages.  Both were updated last week sometime.

On one, the GIMP has no tooltips.  Rather, the little yellow boxes pop up, and
in varying sizes, but they're either empty or displaying text in the same
color as the background.

I haven't googled up anything interesting.  Does anyone have a clue?

I don't have GNOME installed, and I run KDE, if it matters.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/