Re: interfaces lo:1 lo:2 lo:3? (for remote ssh tunnels)

Hendrik Boom wrote:

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 08:05:05AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
Will Trillich wrote:

On Sat, Jun 26 at 08:33PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:

I don't understand why the server would be making the
connexion request.  By definition, the client does that.
          ^
It's fun seeing this spelling.  The Oxford English Dictionary
actually considers this the correct version, and, IIRC, make a point
of saying so.  I've never seen this spelling anywhere else up to
now, nor havi I seen any other dictionaries that accept it.

<wrinkles nose, grins>
I'm glad people notice.

A lot of Australians (and, othersI guess) get sick of Americans who think their way is the only way, and of Australians who pander to the notion. We're expected to accept American TV shows and flicks in American and to understand American jokes.

We're also expected to Americanise _our_ TV shows (I'n not sure there's much traffic in that direction) and flicks in case they don't understand our culture and our humour.

If my use of connexion rather than the more usual connection makes people think a moment, that's good.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait