Re: interfaces lo:1 lo:2 lo:3? (for remote ssh tunnels)

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 14:49, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 08:05:05AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> > Will Trillich wrote:
>
>            ^
> It's fun seeing this spelling.  The Oxford English Dictionary
> actually considers this the correct version, and, IIRC, make a point
> of saying so.  I've never seen this spelling anywhere else up to
> now, nor havi I seen any other dictionaries that accept it.

Yes, I like that spelling too.  American standard orthography has
semi-rationalized spelling, so that the small differences resulting
from differing etymologies are eliminated.  But nobody would not write
netcus in place of nexus would they?

--
richard