Re: sound problem: init_module: No such device

on Sun, 27 Jun 2004 03:18:48PM +0200, Frederik Dannemare insinuated:

> On Sunday 27 June 2004 02:42, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > sound is no longer working after having rebooted my computer.  when i
> > try to play music using music123, i get the following error:
> >
> > Can't find a suitable libao driver. (Is device in use?)
> [ snip ]
>
> Wild guess:
[...]
> If you don't use alsa, you can ignore this posting...

well, i wasn't running alsa, and now i am.  but it turns out that what
solved the problem was just reseating the sound card ... guess i kick
my machine too much as i work, ha.  problem solved!

thanks to all who helped me out on this (& other related) thread(s)!

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori

++     Sponsor me as I run my SECOND marathon for AIDS:       ++
++ http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2844 ++