Clamassassin

I need a tiny bit of help with Clamassassin on a Debian system. Clamassassin, of course, is a script that calls ClamAV's clamscan to scan email for viruses. Clamscan works from the console and detects a test virus string. Clamassassin writes new headers to the email, but it's not detecting the EICAR test string and labeling the headers appropriately (Says no virus found). I know my paths to formail, mktemp, cat, and clamscan are correct in the claamassassin script. I'm not sure why the clamassassin script is not correctly receiving or interpreting the results of clamscan.

This should be straightforward, but something is missing. Could someone running this on Debian send me their clamassassin script for comparison? Any other suggestions? Thanks - John