RE: ide: Assuming 33MHz

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 03:09, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> Upon boot, one sees
> "ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with
> idebus=xx". But upon reading e.g.,
> http://storagereview.com/guide2000/ref/hdd/if/ide/modesUDMA.html
> one feels their computer sounds more like the 100Mhz kind.
> How can one tell if one is taking full advantage of the hardware?

The IDE BUS normally runs as 33mhz. A 100mhz system bus it cut by 3, an oldie
66mhz system bus is cut by 2. That is how it works.  The question I have
posted before is: I overclock my system to 115mhz which corresponds to an IDE
speed of about 37 mhz. Is there an advantage (or disadvantage) of placing
this override? Where is this done?