Re: Attach filter

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:47:45 -0300
Antonio Lobato <tomlobato@ig.com.br> wrote:

> On 2004-06-25, alobato@icb.usp.br penned:
> >

> >   Hi,
> >
> >   Is there some mail attachment filter based on name of the
> >   attach?  I
> >   need a program or dev lib that get a mail file and return it
> >   without
> >   attachs which has their name in a blacklist.  I run p3scan as
> >   pop3
> >   proxy and have to add this funcionality. I program in C, so, dev
> >   libs are welcome too.
> >

> You can use procmail, tmda, or any other filtering app for this.
> Here's
> what I have in my tmda configuration:
>
> body 'filename\=.*\.(pif|scr|exe|bat|com|vbs)' drop
> body 'Content-Type:.*name=".*\.(pif|exe|scr|bat|com|vbs)"' drop
> body 'Content-Type: application/x-msdownload' drop
>

> --
> monique

	Ok, but after read docs, Im not sure if procmail or tmda removes such "bad" attachs. Do you know about? I need to find and remove such attachs, sending mail to user without the bad attachs.

	PS: I started to write (in C) such attach extracter, but it got complicated when I noted that possibly i would have to demime a message encoded with, say, base64 or other different than pure text.

	Tom