Odd mouse cursor-related distortion in 3D apps. Can anyone confirm?

Hi.  I upgraded X to the version currently in sarge on June 17.  Since
then, in any 3D apps (e.g. blender, flightgear, bzflag), I've been seeing
some very odd behavior related to the mouse cursor.  So long as the mouse
is not moved, everything is fine.  However, sometimes (but not always),
if the mouse is moved, a small rectangular off-colored patch appears at
the location where the mouse started.  No other distortion appears along
the path the mouse moves, nor at the mouse cursor's final destination.
Any subsequent screen updates usually update the bogus region correctly,
so the distortion is transient.  However, in software where the mouse gets
moved a lot, this can make the screen extremely difficult to read.

This is especially a problem with blender.  One manipulates the mouse
small amounts quite a bit; the distorted area prevents you from seeing
the region on which you're working.  Using pulldown menus is also
difficult; the distortion(s) make menus difficult to impossible to
read.  See

http://www.speakeasy.net/~cmetzler/blender_distorted.png
http://www.speakeasy.net/~cmetzler/blender_distorted02.png

for examples of mucked-up menus.

I never saw this before updating my X installation to the version
currently in sarge (4.3.0.dfsg.1-4).  But if it's a problem with X
in sarge, I would naively think that someone else would be seeing
this too; but no bugs have been reported.  So I'm wondering if anyone
here has seen this, and/or if anyone else can reproduce it.

Thanks,

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)