Re: apt-get: how to circumvent automatic removal

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 10:53:08PM +0200, Daniel Klein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how do I tell apt-get "I want to install this ftp server, but please
> don't delete the old one I have running"?

Hi Daniel,
if you install package X and in doings so, apt says that it will remove
package Y, remember that this is the basis for the super-cow powers that apt
has: package dependency issueses. Either these 2 packages can not be
installed at the same time or these 2 packages privide the same virtual
dependency.

There may be some way to do this. It may be in the debian 'alternatives'
or 'diversions' system. Ask someone higher up the food chain about this.
-Kev
--

        (__)
        (oo)