Re: apt-get: how to circumvent automatic removal

Hello

Daniel Klein (<bringa@gmx.at>) wrote:

> how do I tell apt-get "I want to install this ftp server, but please
> don't delete the old one I have running"?

You can use the --force-options to override the removal, however if the
two packages contain files with the same name and locations (e.g. /usr
sbin/ftpd), this won't help - you simply cannot install both packages
at the same time and use them. Maybe extracting the deb to some other
dir with dpkg will work, but probably not.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976