Re: Uh Oh... Prof requires ms word format

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 07:57:08AM -0500, cecil wrote:
> cecil wrote:
>
> >I just looked on the upcoming syllubus for my CS class. The prof
> >requires ms word format zipped files for the assignments. What do I do
> >to do that on linux? I guess I HAVE to install X now. :(
> >
> >Cecil
> >

> Maybe I should get a different laptop? Is a 150 mhz machine with 2 gig
> hd and 32 meg ram going to be able to do the job? I'm worried now.

Hi Cecil,
I have a libretto 110: p1-166 32mb ram, 10gb (up from 2gb). I have X
with windowmaker running with mozilla-fire$PICK_ONE. Its not a speed
deamon but it works. Sounds like you'll be doing non-gui progamming
anyway unless this is some upper level class. most beginning classes in
pascal,fortran,c,c++, etc. use stdout, not gui stuff. At most, the
program may use a generic gui output method to simulate a console.
Maybe you teacher will ok you submitting a text file dump and not the
fancy screen shot.
-Kev
--

        (__)