Re: Exim filters

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 07:21:51PM -0400, Jeff Elkins wrote:
| # Exim Filter
| if
|     $h_X-Spam-Status: contains "Yes"

Hmm.  It looks like I haven't updated that document yet.  Shame on me.
Take a look at the headers of that mesasge that matched this rule,
you'll probably see the text BAYES_ in it.  That is the name of some
of spamassassin's rules.  You'll want to change this to something like
(untested)
     $h_X-Spam-Flag: contains "Yes"
or
     $h_X-Spam-Status: matches "^Yes;"

[...]
|     save $home/mail/spam/
[...]

| 2004-06-27 19:04:04 1Beigt-0000bW-00 == /home/xxxx/mail/spam/ <xxx@xxx.org>
| D=userforward defer (-31): directory_transport unset in userforward driver

Oh, wait, maybe the problem isn't the fact that it thinks the message
is spam but that it didn't deliver it.  The trailing slash in the path
tells exim to use $directory_transport transport for delivery instead
of $file_transport.  You need to define directory_transport (or else
remove the trailling slash and use an mbox file;  I'd recommend using
maildir instead).

In the old v3 exim.conf file I haven't deleted yet I have the
following

    # (directors section)
    userforward:
        driver = forwardfile
        file_transport = address_file
        directory_transport = address_directory
        #pipe_transport = address_pipe
        pipe_transport = user_pipe
        reply_transport = address_reply
        no_verify
        check_ancestor = true
        check_local_user = true
        filter = true
        file = .exim/filter
        #modemask = 002
        modemask = 022
        # allow me to 'fail' or 'freeze' a message, but no one else
        #allow_system_actions = ${if eq {$local_part}{dman}{true}{false}}
        #allow_system_actions = true

    # (transports secction)
    address_directory:
      driver = appendfile
      no_from_hack
      check_string = ""
      prefix = ""
      suffix = ""
      envelope_to_add = true
      return_path_add = true
      maildir_format
      # create_directory = true
      # directory_mode = 0700
      #headers_add = "Lines: ${body_linecount}"

The first key is the directory_transport= line in the director.  The
second key is having the transport defined.

| She's 13 and uses her Debian sid laptop daily. Catch em when they're
| young :)

<sarcasm>
Wait, I thought Windows was -so- much easier for non-geeks to use ...
</sarcasm>

:-D

Naturally the system needs a real sysadmin regardless of OS.

HTH,
-D

--
\begin{humor}