Re: Perl/Webmin/CPAN/ question (LONG)

--- John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> wrote:

> Hey group. This is the situation. I have a Debian SID installation. I

It's "Sid". Not "SID". Debian Sid is not an acronymn. There is no need to
write it in this way using capital letters.

[..snip..]

> NOT want that. I need to keep the two installations completely separate.
> Any
> ideas, critiques, etc are welcome.

Use "equivs" to trick the system into thinking you have the perl package
installed. This will allow you to install other packages that might depend
on the perl package, allowing you to have your version installed.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"