Re: Looking for video card to drive 1920x1200 LCD monitor

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:57:18 -0700, Steven Yap <syap@shaw.ca> wrote:
<snip>

> If you're using the ATI proprietary driver, please post your experience
> with it. Does your windows tear when being moved?  Are screen updates
> slow when a high resolution (> 1280x1024) is in use?

In brief, my system is a 3GHz P4 with a 9800 Pro driving a Dell 1800FP
panel via DVI at the physical resolution of 1280x1024.

I'm using the ATI fglrx driver version 3.7.0 on kernel 2.6.6, and
performance seems fine; a very unscientific test (open a window and
drag it hither and thither) reveals no noticeable tearing.

3D performance is excellent.

If you do choose to pursue this root, be sure to check out this page:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html

Hope this helps,

Peter.