optimizing X configuration

Hello all,

I have a Toshiba PII Equium 7000S desktop with 256mb of Ram and an inboard ATI 3D Rage Pro AGP that has 32mb shared memory configured to it. The monitor is a Gateway EV910 and is properly configured in my XF86Config-4.

However I can only do 800x600 with either 16 or 24 bits of depth. I would like to do more. Do I have to buy another video card or is there any way to improve this configuration?

PS: I am not attaching the XF86Config-4 file not to send a bigger email.

Thanks for the help.

Switch to the New Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.