Re: Debian CD will not boot

tom muahaha wrote:

Hey,

I have set my primary boot drive to CD ROM and tried to boot from a cd burned with the Debian 3.2 (cd3) ISO. "Booting from CD:" comes up everytime i boot up, but then continues to Winows XP startup.

Something's wrong with the CD (or the drive -- will the computer boot other bootable CDs?). Perhaps you burned the .ISO as a data file instead of as an image?

Has this anything to do with md5sum? If so, what does md5sum involve? If not, any one know what the problem is?

md5sum is a means to verify that you downloaded the .ISO without errors. You'd download the md5sum file also, then run the program md5sum against the two files. Google and/or see "man md5sum".

--
Kent