still having problems

Hi,

I tried running dpkg as mentioned below, and changed the card to the correct card. But I still am not able to get into the xserver. When I boot the computer and it comes to the point of trying to get into gdm, the screen flashes 3 or 4 times then says "unable to start x server" then it says do you want to try and figure it out. If I let the computer try to figure it out it locks up. I'm not real versed in linux so I don't really know waht to do next. Any suggestions?

Again I have a DEC Alpha server 4000, with 2 400mhz processors and 512mb of ram.

Thanks,
Bob

Welcome to Debian!

Try "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86". There's always "xf86config",
too.

HTH,
Jacob

-- GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135 Random .signature #22: Another name for a Windows tutorial is "crash course"!