Re: Gnome fonts and themes

%% David Mesler <magik@erols.com> writes:

  dm> It's not necessary to pass options to gnome-settings-daemon. I
  dm> just run it as "gnome-settings-daemon &" and it works fine.

  dm> And yes, anyone not using gnome-session should start it up
  dm> manually if you ever want to adjust your gtk2 apps. It's important
  dm> to note that running gnome-settings-daemon supersedes your
  dm> .gtkrc-2.0 file. You should start using gnome-font-properties and
  dm> gnome-theme-manager to change anything and just delete that file
  dm> to avoid inconsistencies.

Hm.

I have this same problem (mozilla-firefox fonts are very small) after
upgrading to Gnome 2.6.

I have a complete Gnome environment including panel, being started as a
gnome session from GDM so I have the gnome session manager running, I
configure the system through the foot menu and the various items under
the Desktop Preferences menu, etc.  I do use FVWM as my window manager
but I only replaced the window manager portion of Gnome.  I also don't
run Nautilus but I don't think that should matter.

I checked and I do have the gnome-settings-daemon running, so that's not
what I'm missing.

Not only are the fonts small, but I can't find any configuration option
that seems to control them!  The Firefox Tools -> Options menu doesn't
have any impact, no matter what size I set the fonts to.  The only way I
can make the fonts bigger is using the CTRL-scroll feature of Firefox to
do it for each tab/window.

Any other thoughts on debugging this?

Thanks!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools