Re: [OT] yahoo protocol switching

On Thursday 2004-06-24 03:47 pm, Nori Heikkinen wrote:

> dude, i totally would, but this one is not under my control -- my
> company uses yahoo IM to do half of our work, and i don't think
> they're open to switching.

Ouch!  That's not a great situation.

> i'll propose it to my boss, but people can  be surprisingly resistent to
> change ...

Here's how you suggest it: "Boss, there's a great solution that we can use
for free, and it gives us complete control over our messaging system.  It's
secure because our information never leaves our network unless we want it
to, and we can put free encryption on it so that messages from salespeople
out in the field can't be intercepted by our Internet company."
--
Kirk Strauser